Saturday, October 29, 2011

So, Yeah. I Went to Nashville.

And here are notes and pictures that were taken while there.
  •  My inability to fall asleep at night has gone beyond nuisance.  It has moved into "crisis."
  • Drivers in Middle Tennessee seem to forget that there are other people on the same roads as they are.
  • I've finished 2 Christmas presents, and learned that my mother does not like the phrase "freakin' ________."  Got a classic Mom Look when I uttered it.
  • My hot flashes are still on Eastern Time.  And on schedule.
  • There really isn't anything quite like a fresh, hot Krystal.
  •  The people across the street from my mother have two dogs.  One is a big Rottweiler mix, the other a little Chihuahua-y thing.  Guess who's the chatterer of the two. . .
  • I am knitting a striped scarf out of Noro.  My mother's den is so dark, I have no idea what colors I'm working through.
  • Fox News is bad enough, but my mother also watches "Dancing With the Stars."  I've seldom missed our blank, turned off TV screen more.
  • Both children call me on the same night.  One call lasted a shade over an hour.  The second, 2 1/2 +.
  • Chick-fil-A for breakfast.
  • For the first time, on this trip, I am seeing my mother as an old, old woman.  Sad.
  • Suddenly very weepy.  I don't feel like I belong anywhere.  Don't want to stay here (too sad), don't want to go back to Athens (too many responsibilities and issues).  Nowhere, except a nice hotel, is where I want to be.
  • Guilt.

1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures, especially the porch swing. (hug)

    ReplyDelete