Monday, September 19, 2011

What A Long, Strange Weekend It's Been

I made myself get up early Saturday morning (to beat gameday/tailgating shoppers) and get to the grocery for a few necessities: cat litter, cat food, cases of soda, etc.  All sort of heavy.  By late Saturday afternoon, a pain had developed right under my ribcage --- I figured it was a pulled muscle or something, but it just wouldn't go away.  Or ease up at all.

Finally, around 8 or so Saturday night, I got Briton to take me to the hospital.  It's my gall bladder.  And it needs to come out.  This is SO totally out of left field. . .  But the next thing I know, I'm scheduled for Sunday morning surgery.

Which goes well, except I apparently thrashed around while coming out from the anesthesia --- I woke up shackled to the bed in Recovery.  They're willing to let me go home, but my blood pressure is a tad low, so they keep me until today.

And now I'm home, with no less than six prescription drugs to take.  (My 3 anti-depressant/anxiety ones plus an antibiotic, an anti-nausea and an anti-pain.)  And no gall bladder.

It's a sort of a whirlish blur.  I'm going to have to read all the orders they sent home with me to try to make sense of it.  Right now I'm sore, and the Percocet is taking hold, and I just really want to knit.

How was your weekend?


 



5 comments:

  1. Whoa--yikes! So glad you are on the mend!
    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Dear, WEll I worked the usual night shift routine.....
    rather tend to the patient, than BE one.....
    so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good GRIEF! This has not been your year. I had my gallbladder out several years back, the pain really is pretty short lived, and I don't miss it one bit.
    Feel better soon...I woke up in the RR dreaming of lamb chops, mashed potatoes, and angels in white carrying syringes of lovely narcotics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO. Did you get to bring it home in a jar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I still have my gall bladder, mind you looking at Kim in Oregon's message so might you! ;O

    ReplyDelete