Thursday, September 22, 2011

Catch-Up

Pretty sure my hospitalization for depression is now out the window;  the pending gall bladder bills will eat up all that trust fund money.
Since I got home, the need to knit has been impossible to tamp down.  Don't know why, exactly --- I've gone a couple of days without knitting before.  But this is crazy, almost primal.  Same (little less concentrated) goes for reading.
I have a place (I hesitate to call it a "blog") on tumblr, and the number of people, especially young people, who knit and are excited about knitting there is so delightful.  Some of them are fearless, which inspires me.

And it's cowls this year, isn't it?  The thing to knit.  Oh, and the beekeeper quilt.  I'm not seeing any hexipuffs in my future, but I do like the cowls.  This is my favorite so far:
The Lemon Twist Cowl.  Very simple, and a nice fit.

I bruise sickeningly easily.  You can imagine what color my tummy is, with 4 laproscopic sites there.  And my left arm, where there were 2 separate IV lines.  But look at my right arm:
 To the left is where they tried (just tried, now) to put an IV in.  The big bruises are from --- my right hand on this --- the blood pressure cuff.  Granted, they took my blood pressure every two hours, but, still. . .
 I'm feeling alright.  Still very sore, but I'm trying to ration out my pain meds.  Have only needed the anti-nausea pills once, which is good.  I go see the doctor in about 3 weeks.  This has all been a disconcerting blur;  I scarcely remember any of it, even when I try to put it all together. 
And I woke up today with a crick in my neck.  Very painful.  The crick has caused me to hold my head at all sorts of weird angles all day, which has only added to the pain.  Think I'm going to have to break into my ration plan to get any sleep tonight.






2 comments:

  1. OW! It hurts just looking at the pics.
    And you definitely got the cowl gene. They make me look, oh I don't know, like I"m being choked by a snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the Queen of Bruises - feel better! For whatever reason, I haven't been able to comment, so let me say I hope you are truly on the mend, and let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete